We only indicate the CLEAR facts and figures of each individual case and our conclusions.

Saturday, 1 December 2007

The Leopard, Burslem

This was once known as The Savoy of the midlands. It is over 300 years old. The building started life about 1640 when some cottages were knocked together. Helen Wedgewood took the building over in 1740. She turned it into a hotel and public house. The pub was bought in 1872 by James Norris when the building was in decline. He renovated the building and an extension was added in the early `1900’s. Another 57 bedrooms were added, so that made 102 rooms over 6 floors.This ex Grand Hotel now has derelict rooms, 58 bedrooms have just been reopened after being sealed up between 1931 and the 1950’s. Tunnels have been found in the cellar.


  • Leigh is said to walk the cellars. She was the local witch.
  • Mary, an owner from the mid 1800’s
  • A mudered woman who had her throat cut by the tall gentleman.
  • A sinister tall man with a goatie beard
  • Drunken, ugly old woman in the cellars.
  • A man named James walkes the building
  • Children in the cellar.
  • Poltergeist activity e..g. Bricks and glasses thrown at customers.
  • Physical attack e.g. People have been held by their throats against walls.
  • A pack with the devil.


Areas investigated
  • Main bar areas
  • Outer extension now derelict.
Evidence collected

  • Polterguise activity in dissused area.
  • Audubles "I have done nothing"
  • Orbs

This was an organised event. We deffinately felt that the location warranted another visit and that the location had paranormal activity.

Thursday, 4 October 2007

The Knights Grange, Winsford

The Grange appears under this name for the first time in 1325/6 as the Grange of Knytes. These were young men working on the farm. They were labourers rather than scholars and they had not taken there full vows.
Lady Mary Cholmondeley (1563-1625) bought the property and she built the brick mansion you see today. The old farmhouse is now a fully licensed public house and what is left of the out buildings form a sports centre.


  • Ida (a nun) has been seen sitting on a chair by the front door.
  • After closing time the landord has heard tables and chairs moving downstairs across the stone floor .
  • A woman has been seenon the first floor of the building.
  • Shadows have been seen in variouse parts of the building.
  • A customer’s dog (early 2007) would not stop growling at the fireplace in the lounge.
  • Pool balls move on their own.

Areas investigated
  • Loft compartment
  • Main bar areas
  • 2nd floor accommodation

Evidence collected

A figure standing by the patio doors located in area 1 . This figure was described as a hooded cloaked figure and their cape was flowing as if the wind had caught it. Kath checked out the are and nothing was found. When she returnd to her location (in the pool room) the figure could be clearly see again.


With the exception of the above nothing conclusive was found here.

Friday, 21 September 2007

The Gym, Winsford

It is believed to have been first built in the 1780’s, but the plaque shows that most of this building dates from 1822. This chapel was became a Sunday school in the 1870’s – 1890’s and a new extension was added. The corridor was added in the 1990’s and it was converted into a gym in 2002.

  • Objects move around.
  • Power would turn off.
  • Shadows have been seen on the stairs leading to the first floor flat, bottom of
    the stairs leading to the first floor gym and by the large weight machine.
  • Smell of fire and wet dog in the middle room by the large mirrors.
  • The hatch door leading to the attic opens.
  • Feeling of being watched from the stairs leading to the first floor flat
  • Jason (the owner) was pinned to his bed in the flat.
  • The threadmills switch on as if some one is standing on them. They also show.
  • A heartrate. This can only happen if you hold the silver handles.
  • Areas Investigated
  • Main gym area.
  • First floor gym.
Evidence collected
  • Movement was seen on the stairs going up to the first floor room, a bang was heard shortly afterwards and was recorded on the Digital recorder.
  • Digital recorders wrere turning on and off.
  • Other loud bangs.
  • Cold spots on stairs going up to living quarters.
  • Gill felt cold breath on her face when we were having a conversation about a minister who worked here.
Very disappointing after such a good start, but we think if the owner had stayed, more things would have happened. The activity (if you wish to call it that) seemed to happen around him. Very enjoyable night and a second visit is in the pipeline.

Thursday, 2 August 2007

Denbigh Asylum

This is are FIRST rece of the Asylum, and what a location. We were all just in awe of the place. What initialy struck us was how peacfull the site was, dormant and sleepy. Hands on hearts yes we were a little frightend going into the site lets face it who woudnt be this typifies what a haunted building should look like. BUT we put our fear aside and gingerly made out way into the estate. Unfortunately the estate is in a terribly delapodated condition (Hard Hats and First Aid kits were taken with us) and that was very sad to see. This building is truely baeutiful even in its now poor state and needs to be saved NOW. Although we moved freely around the site on the exterior we did not have time to venrture further. More security had been put inplace with regards to barracades but it was clear to see that people had gained access through these.

If you are reading this and want to visit the site be WARNED it is VERY VERY DANGEROUSE and you do so at your own risk. We will not disclose how to get onto the site either (its a secret). Denbigh Asylums Future - Knowone seams to know what is happening with the building. It should have been demolished last year to be replaced by...... a housing estate, now you tell me is that RIGHT? This was the reason for going in the first place to see her in her glory before she dissappears forever, Its not dissimilar to Titanics future in a way. It has been heard that someone has bought it for a million?

The Chapel - External it is intact, the interior unfortunately has been desecrated only the roof remians in its original state.

The Morge - was easily accessable but again the main slab has been vandelised. We were amazed how small it was too considering the amount of patients the Asylum must have housed. Only enough room to put 6 bodies in the freezer. Many felt that someone had toughed her when we were taking photos outside the Morgue.

On then to theTreatment Centre located behind
the Morge. We ALL heard a mans voice here
Mandy heard the name Margaret, but there
were not other persons on the site.

Thursday, 26 July 2007

The Sweatnham Arms

The Swettenham Arms dates from the 16th century and was once a nunnery. It was used as a resting place for weary funeral parties to stay overnight. The coffin would stay in the Inn overnight and the next day, it would be taken to the churchyard via an underground tunnel.This tunnel was blocked up many years ago because of the foul air.

  • Sarah is the reported ghost. She is 35 years old, black hair and looks sad. She is said to be a nun.


Areas investigated

  • Main bar areas
  • The woods behind the pub

Evidence collected

  • EVP's x4
  • Few orb photo's


Nothing out of the ordinary happened here. The EVP's were very feint and you could not make out what was being said.

Saturday, 14 July 2007

Stanley Palace, Chester

Stanley Palace is a 16th Century Grade II listed building located in Chester. Formerly called Derby House, it stands on, or near, the site previously occupied by the Dominican Friars (The 'Black Friars') in medieval times. In the second world war Stanley Palace was a place of recreation for the armed forces that were stationed in Chester. a second world war army officer was in command of the entertainment.

  • Low murmurings have been heard together with illogical happenings.
  • Elizabeth, Sir Peter Warburton's daughter died in her Black Friers home in 1627. On two occasions her presence has been observed.
  • A lady attending a social function at StanleyPalace noticed a man dressed in a fashion to that worn by servants in the 17th century, pass her in the foyer and enter the Queen Anne room.
    Over the years footsteps have been heard in the Gallery
  • A girl was frightened by an old man with a walking stick,who swore at children and gave chase waving his stick.
  • Upstairs by the staircase entrance to the Gallery, one paranormal group a noticed figure of a gentleman, dressed in the uniform.
  • At the far end of the Gallery a grey haired lady has been seen playing the piano and seamed to have a preference for Brahms.
  • A King Charles spaniel.
  • The Upper floors were suppose to be haunted by children.

Areas investigated
  • Mainly the upper floors
  • Master staircase
  • Function room
Evidence collected
  • Few orbs nothing concrete.


It is good to attend organised events (if they are cheap enough and not a rip off) just to see how other people conduct investigations, organise the evenings events, look at the equipment they use and chat to like minded people. Unfortunately in this case we felt that there was a LOT of suggestion being put to the 'punters'. There was suppose to be a very angry entity that haunted the main staircase, a lot of hype was attached to this to the extent that some people were getting hysterical. There was in fact nothing on the staircase, but i suppose they may feel people won't get their moneys worth if they don't go away with some sort of fear factor. I also felt the venue was far too Small for a large group of people (in this case about 30).

Friday, 25 May 2007

Doncaster Air Museum

This was The site of the former RAF Doncaster. The main part of the site has been developed into a leisure and housing, but the north western corner is home to the Aeroventure. The airfield was a pre-war civil airfield which was commandeered by the RAF at the outbreak of WW2. Its most well known inhabitant was 271 squadron. The airfield also became associated with Dakotas and many of these were repaired at the airfield during the war.The museum has a large collection of aircraft and helicopter (non from WW2). It also displays WW2 uniforms and artifacts and photographs of the site history.


  • Ghostly footsteps, strange low whispers and the laughter of children.
  • A specific aircraft (from the Falklands war) that has an unpleasant feeling about, the story goes that it is the pilot of this craft who does not like people in/around the aircraft.
  • The Mess Hall corridor, at the end there is a book. This book has its pages turned over but 'something' always turns to a certain page.

Areas investigated

  • The Fast Response building. Originally it had four bedrooms for Pilate's. The planes were located immediately outside. It was used in the 1970's - 80's during part of the cold war
  • The Board Room and adjacent hallway.

  • Main Hanger (original from WW2)
Helicopter which saw action in the Falklands War.

Evidence collected

  • Orb photo's
  • Video of strange anomaly? (see main blog page)
  • EVP (recorded on camcorder) from the corridor next to board room

What a fabulous location to investigate. Our team genuinly felt that the museum is haunted.